Monday 2 October 2017

Some 'korean' slang and word pt.1

Hi...

I would like to create an entry about some words which often used and heard among Kpop fans or those who are into Korean entertainment. This won't be full list but at least all basic stuff I had in my head.

Common words which easy to pronounce and speak. I myself love to randomly blurt all those random korean word.


Oppa ( 오빠 )
= Brother for sibling but this word only applicable for female toward male / lover also use this often. Girlfriend would call their boyfriend oppa. Sounds loving.

Hyung ( 형 )
= This is the one use by male to call for an older male to show respect. Or little brother calling his older brother. Cute !

Noona ( 누나 )
= This is for younger male calling an older female. Or little brother calling his sister. Woman should never use this call their older sister okay.

Dongsaeng ( 동생 )
= Little brother or sister. Aha.... Unlike japanese word, Korean use this to imply both gender.

Eomma ( 엄마 )
= Mother ....

Appa ( 아빠 )
= Father ...

Chingu ( 친구 ) 
= Friend . Or if you want to say my good friend you can just say joheun chingu or johchin ( slang ).

Eottokke ( 어똑해 )
= What to do.
This one seriously often be heard if you love to watch K-drama.

Omona ( 오모나 ) 
= Oh my goodness , oh my god.
Ahaaa...when you pronounce this,put your palm to cover your mouth. Cute expression.

omona usual expression~



Jebal ( 제발 ) 
= Please.
Its a word to say please to someone. Such as help me do this and that, jebal... If you put juseyo behind the word, it will become even more like pleading nicely. Jebal juseyo.

Yeppo ( 예뻐 )
= Pretty. Its often use to describe people/human and sometime things.

Areumdaun ( 아름다운 )
= Beautiful. Also indicates as beautiful but usually to describe scenery...but sometimes also on human. Such as areumdaun yeoja ( pretty woman )

Yeoja ( 여자 )
= Lady , woman, female

Namja ( 남자 )
= Man, male , guy





Ahaa.....how was it. I may stop for now but will post more later on.

I am still very very lack in this language but I love learning korean hangeul. So, this entry is to share some random basic words. See ya.



-Mokomira-

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Some of friends are going to appreciate this. Theyre sooo into kpop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii thanks for reading... i am super glad if my post would make people learn something and enjoy it

      Delete
  2. So you are my Yeppo Chinggu? ����
    Thanks for the sharing! Hope to see more!

    #YourFinanceDoctor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you...
      I love sharing korean loves

      Delete
  3. Hehe. Akward sound when i try to pronounce it. So i will learn Korean languange starting now. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to learn lah but now it is easy because always must talk..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahhhh....nice nice, after this sis can speak korean...hehehe. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute. Honestly I prefer hyung over oppa although I am a girl. When talking to my classmates,I really like to say ollun-ollun or ppali-ppali which mean faster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe u can come up with vlog next time.. not easy to pronounce it without hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha this is so fun to learn. Thanks for sharing it .

    ReplyDelete